2 tbsp. Meijer Classic olive oil, divided (NuVal® Score: 11)
1 cup chopped Spanish onion (NuVal® Score: 93)
1 cup chopped green bell pepper (NuVal® Score: 96)
1 tsp. McCormick® ground Cumin
1 tsp. McCormick® ground oregano
2 tsp. McCormick® smoked Paprika, divided
1 lb. Certified Angus Beef® Lean ground Round
3 tbsp. no-salt-added tomato paste
4 cups canned diced no-salt-added tomatoes, drained
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced, plus 3 tbsp. adobo sauce
1 (15-oz.) can yellow hominy or corn, drained (NuVal® Score: 91)
1 tbsp. lime juice
4 large red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, sliced ¼-inch thick (NuVal® Score: 93)
½ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar or monterey Jack (optional)
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, cumin, oregano and 1 teaspoon of the smoked paprika; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
2. Add ground beef; cook and stir until the beef is no longer pink. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, broth, chipotle chiles plus sauce, hominy and lime juice; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
3. Coat a 10x10x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of dish with half of the potatoes, overlapping to fill the bottom. Pour beef mixture over potatoes. Top with remaining half of potatoes, overlapping to cover beef mixture, pressing down gently.
4. Drizzle potatoes with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining smoked paprika. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with cheese during the last 10 minutes of baking.
5. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve warm.
Per serving: 390 calories, 8g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 24g protein